Friday, April 20, 2012

Nom nom

There are a lot of different people and ideas around here. But at the end of the day, we all want the same thing - food.


Artwork at Dale Street depicts the ancient temple of cutlery, 
home to the god of eats, Nom Nom.

University Avenue is filled with great family-run restaurants, and last night, I had the pleasure of kicking back with old and new friends at Cheng Heng, a Cambodian restaurant between Arundel & Mackubin.

If I was a halfway decent blogger, I would have mouth-watering photos of steamy noodles and ginger beef, along with a shot of the friendly restaurant owner, who was so grateful to have our support during construction. But I am kind of terrible at this, and was basically talking and laughing and chowing down on all those noodles when I should have been taking photos. Luckily, one of my dinner companions was John of Green Line Gems, who can tell you all about food. Perhaps I'll stick to pavers and bus drama.

In any case, you need to check out Cheng Heng, and bring a couple friends. They are really hurting with construction and could use a few more tables of hungry transiteers.

Cheng Heng, at 448 University - business on the outside, party on the inside.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment