Thursday, September 8, 2011

4th Street is for lovers

One of my most popular posts to date was my downtown round-up of new tracks, depot action, and the skeletal OMF(G). So, 4th Street lovers, today's lunch walk is for you!

The 4th and Cedar station (aka the Diagonal), looking northwest-ish at what will be the guideway


Standing in the finished guideway near Minnesota Street, looking east. No fences here so I thought, yeah, why not...notice the "black ice" colored concrete to help differentiate the guideway from the traffic lane. (The color is actually called that, btw, I can't make this stuff up.) So, stay off the black ice, cars. Also, if there is a train coming up behind you, that should be your first clue.


Some track guts


Pouring the intersection concrete at Jackson Street


This is the point where my friend Stephanie noted that these guys would be excellent at icing cakes, too. Maybe they can do that over the winter months.


Union Depot's twin platforms have been poured out where the Depot restoration and the LRT construction collide (hopefully not literally)


More of the Depot's new front yard, looking epic.



Thanks for taking a walk down 4th Street. If you have other areas where you'd like to see a photo update - let me know. I'll do my best!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment