Friday, October 14, 2011

Cedar Street Mine

I'm starting a new rumor: there's gold in Cedar Street! Or so it appears from the mine they have constructed.

Looking into the abyss, from skyway level




I hope they don't use explosives down there to shake the gold loose - they have some sensitive neighbors (MPR).




On a more serious note, today is a day of mourning. The snow plowing stakes have been put in on downtown curbs. Nooooooo! I'm so not ready for snow...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I keep hoping to see down one of those trenches and see some solid evidence of at least one of downtown’s voluminous number of storied tunnels, many of which I'm told were scoured from the soft underground stone over a century ago, and many of which lie largely dormant and forgotten. (ie, for some nerdy, slightly immature, but fascinating underground travels, see http://www.actionsquad.org/labyrinth.htm)

    Alas, no such luck. Guess I'm destined to be an above-ground person. And I've gleaned that the bulk of the tunnel systems are to the west, so maybe I just need to wait for some other streets to be dug up.

    ReplyDelete