Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Post from the Future

I hope the new year finds you well. In my office, last week was so quiet that it prompted some speculation about best pranks to pull on our out-of-town coworkers. Needless to say, this list came up.

In the spirit of Jim's "fax from the future" and all the new year's season predictions, I imagined what Future Me might say to 2012 Me about this whole light rail thing.

Post from the Future: circa New Year's Day 2015.

To: Transiteer
From: Future Transiteer
Subject: LRT is awesome

Took the #50 train today and it is so much better than the stupid #50 bus. For one thing, the stops don't move every ten minutes. Remember construction? That sucked. Put on a brave face, friend.

Always seeing people on the train who used to call it a boondoggle and a blight rail. I joke with them that I might push them out the shiny automatic doors and onto the tracks for being so hypocritical, but of course they know I am kidding. Or am I?

Also, at 8 a.m. tomorrow, someone poisons the coffee. Do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment